Sunday, September 13, 2015

DOUGHNUTS TO CELEBRATE MY 100TH POST!!


Recipe: Homemade Doughnuts 

                              

Yipee!!!! I have finally managed to touch the magical number....My 100th post!! 
I had wanted to present something special for the century celebration and saved this recipe specially for that. 
On this special occasion I did like extend a special thank you, to all my friends and family and all my special readers  for taking the time to read through all my crazy pondering and blabbers and for making my blog a success.



Like most kids mine too love doughnuts specially those with the sprinkles and so I had always wanted to make some of my own. But I had kept postponing it with the excuse of not having  a doughnut cutter. Well, I still do not have one and neither do I have round cookie cutters . I had used lids of 2 different sizes which worked perfectly fine for me.


I agree buying doughnuts are far more easier, but homemade ones are quite something else . The aroma that hangs on after the frying and the taste too... It is quite unique from the store-bought ones.
I glazed mine with chocolate and caramel and also dusted a few with confectioners sugar.   
All of them were really good and quite worth a try.


The doughnut holes were the first to vanish and yes, I was one of the main culprits behind that. My personal favourite were the caramel glazed ones.



HOMEMADE DOUGHNUTS
(Adapted from The Worktop)


Ingredients
All Purpose Flour- 4 1/4 cups(I had to add slightly more than that as my dough got slightly sticky)
Sugar-1/4 cup
Salt-1 tsp
Whole milk- 1 1/4 cups
Instant Yeast -2 1/4 tsp
Eggs- 2 large
Butter,melted and cooled- 8 tbsp
Oil for frying

Preparation
Please find the instructions here .

                                               

Chocolate Glaze
Ingredients
Semi-sweet chocolate- 115gms
Light cream- 1/2 cup
Butter- 1 tbsp
Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
Confectioners sugar- 2 cups
Preparation
Break chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Heat cream and butter over medium heat until just boiling. Pour the hot cream-butter mixture over the chocolate and stir gently until chocolate melts and mixes with the cream.
Stir in the vanilla extract and finally beat in the sugar until smooth.

Now you may dip your doughnuts in the glaze and add some sprinkles on if u like and enjoy your fresh homemade doughnuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment