Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Breakfast Bite...


Recipe: Buttermilk Pancake




Hello everybody, back from a tiny vacation and with a tiny recipe :)

Ok, I agree, just a simple pancake recipe and well, nothing much to brag about in a blog. I know the food blogs are crowded with this recipe and mine is just one more addition to the list :)

But yesterday morning, when I stacked up my pancakes I couldn't help admiring my masterpieces (yeah, I know I sound like a narcisst ;) ) and ended up clicking some pics as well.....  
Now, with the pics in my pocket I could think of nothing else but putting these up in my blog ;) and so here I am!!!



Breakfast is my favourite meal of a day and my family and I never ever miss it , come what may.... And so obviously I always try to make it nice and hearty. 
Almost all the breakfast dishes are a fav with my family, Indian and western, and pancakes are no exception to that. I enjoy both the milk and buttermilk versions of it but somehow both my husband and I have a prefrence for the latter.


These pancakes are really fluffy and smooth and a prefect way to kick start your day :)

BUTTERMILK PANCAKE

Ingredients

All purpose flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Sugar - 2 tbsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Buttermilk - 1 cup
Egg - 1 large slightly beaten
Butter - 2 tbsp melted



Preparation

Whisk together all the dry ingredients in one bowl. In another bowl, mix in the wet ingredients.
Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture.
Using a rubber spatula fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients, till all of the dry ingredients are just moistened. DO NOT OVERMIX , or else you will tough pancake.

If you feel your batter is too thick you may add 1-2 tbsps of milk or buttermilk to loosen it.

Heat a pan on medium flame and drizzle some butter or oil on it. Spoon in 11/2 tbsp of batter on to the pan.
Once bubbles starts forming on the batter, flip over and cook till done.
Repeat with rest of the batter.



Stack your pancakes and serve with maple syrup, honey, fruits .....
I love eating mine with some sliced bananas and honey/maple syrup .... Mmmmm..... What a lovely way to start your day :)

12 comments: