Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flavourful Coffee....

 Recipe: Mocha Coffee Cake with Crumb Topping


 
This is going to be an awfully short post as I am in a little hurry... I am off for short break and won't be back for 2 weeks :)





But I wanted to get this posted at whatever cost as this is my 60th post and this had been in my draft for quite some time now....and I didnt want to break off with an odd number too ;)
See you all soon .......And rushing with the recipe



MOCHA COFFEE CAKE WITH CRUMB TOPPING

(Adapted from JoyofBaking)




The recipe is originally just a coffee cake but I added some instant coffee powder to give it a lovely coffee flavour.....everything else remains the same

Ingredients

Crumb Topping:
Walnuts or Pecans - 1 cup
Light brown sugar - 1/4 cup
Chocolate chips - 1/3 cup
Cinnamon powder - 3/4 tsp
flour - 1 tbsp

Mocha Coffee Cake:
Flour - 1 2/3 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
salt - 1/4 tsp
Instant coffe powder - 2 tsp dissolved in 2 tbsp warm water
Vegetable oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar- 1 cup
Eggs - 2 large
Vanilla- 1 tsp
Yogurt- 3/4 cup



 
For details on the preparation please link here.
Sorry about this...... As I said earlier, in a little bit of a rush :)

8 comments:

  1. Delicious,rich cake..yummy coffee flavor!!
    Congrats on your 60th post and enjoy your break too!

    Ongoing Events of Erivum Puliyum @ Palakkad Chamayal-Fenugreek Leaves OR Green Chillies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious yummy cake www.cookingatmayflower.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sold at the word, 'mocha' :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! this cake looks delicious Misha! Are u back from ur vacation?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sarah, oh yes back last week , now holiday blues :)

      Delete