Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Coconutty Treat!!

Recipe: Coconut Macaroons
                          

I absolutely love coconut flavour and coconut flakes and anything with coconuts in them..... a typical Keralite trait I guess ;). So obviously, the moment I spotted this very very easy recipe on Ria’s Collection all I wanted was to get a platter of it right before me......and that was exactly what I did :).


I have followed an exact replication of the recipe and the output was quite a treat!!!
My hubby and I couldn't stop gobbling these tiny coconut mounds until we polished off the very last one.
I would say these macaroons taste a lot like Bounty chocolates, of course, sans the chocolate coating and sure makes a lovely quick fix for unexpected guests.





Do try them out :) and yes, you can find the original recipe here.

COCONUT MACAROONS

Ingredients

Dessicated unsweetened Coconut - 1 ⅓ cup
Sugar - ⅓ cup
Flour - 2 tbsp
Salt - ⅛ tsp
Egg whites - 2
Vanilla extract - ½ tsp

Preparation

Preheat oven to 160 degree C and place your oven rack to the middle.
In a medium sized bowl place coconut flakes, sugar and flour and whisk well. To this add the egg whites and vanilla and mix well to form a soft dough.
Divide this into equal portions and shape them as you please.
Place these on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or butter paper and bake them for 15-20 mins or until they turn golden brown.

Let cool completely before serving or storing. These macaroons are crispy and chewy all at the same time and make a lovely tea time bite.




 
Since Coconuts are the heart and soul of Kerala cooking , I am sending these fabulous coconut macaroons to Erivum Puliyum for the Kerala Kitchen event.

6 comments:

  1. Wow,delicious ones..love the dominant coconut flavor in these,had posted some time back..Yummy & quick ones with basic ingredients!!
    Thanx for linking dear..:-)

    Ongoing Events at(Erivum Puliyum)-
    1. The Kerala Kitchen(June'12)

    2.EP Series-Basil OR Cardamom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously Julie one of the easiest recipes I have tried and yummy too......my pleasure Julie.

      Delete
  2. I've to try this... always wanted too... yours looks delicious :)
    Noel collections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reshmi.....and u shud really try these right away

      Delete