Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sandwiches Grilled!

Recipe: Grilled Chicken and Sausage Panini


 

I am an ardent sandwich lover. Club anything between 2 bread slices and I am party.
And to have it grilled …...hmmm... heaven!!
Yesterday while channel surfing, I landed on this channel that was showing loads of loads of sandwiches, all shapes and sizes, and then all I could think of was digging my teeth into one of those :). 




   
That particular compulsive urge in me gave birth to this delicious panini.......
What I love about sandwiches is that, there are no hard and fast rules to its making.... grab anything you can lay your hands on , club them together and bingo....... a delectable meal ready in a jiffy....... and that's exactly what I did :)

GRILLED CHICKEN AND SAUSAGE PANINI



 
Ingredients

For 2 sandwiches:
Grilled chicken - 1 breast piece shredded (you can grill your chicken anyway you like. I followed a great recipe from my good friend Sarah’s blog. You can find the recipe for the same here)

Sausages - 2 sliced
Onion - 1  sliced finely and caramelized (This is nothing  but onion sauted in oil with a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar until golden brown)

Cheddar cheese - ¼ cup shredded
Mozzarella cheese - ¼ cup shredded
Pepper - as per need (optional)
Bread slices - 4 or Rolls - 2 nos: (i used bread)

Preparation

Switch on your grill.

Spread out the chicken, sausages and caramelized onions on a slice of bread and top it up with generous quantities of the cheeses. You may sprinkle some pepper if you wish before finally closing it down with another bread slice.

Place the sandwich in your grill and cook till  the bread has turned nice and crisp and the cheeses have melted.

Serve warm.


 

If you do not have a grill then you may grill your sandwich on a hot pan , turning it over so that both the sides are grilled. Remember to press down the sandwich with a spoon to let the heat seep inside your sandwich.



The most enjoyable part of this panini was the cheese oozing out with each bite :)

10 comments:

  1. that looks yummy.. me too a sandwich lover.. so bookmarking
    Noel collections

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..very delicious n lovely filling,Misha!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any kind of grilled sandwich is a-okay with me. This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here Cathleen and thanks 4 the comment :)

      Delete
  4. wow...the grilled sandwiches look divine dear !!!!!the filling you have used is absolutely divine !!!!this is my fav :-)

    ReplyDelete