Sunday, May 27, 2012

Glorious Oatmeal!!


Recipe: Lacy Oatmeal Cookies

This is one cookie recipe that I fell in love with, the moment I spotted it on Ria’s blog. The cookies she had made looked so beautiful and thin and wafer-like that all I wanted was to take a bite at it.
The next thing I know I was whipping up the cookie batter :)




 
This recipe demands for just a few basic ingredients and absolutely nothing fancy so there was my batter ready in a jiffy!!
Now Ria had clearly mentioned in her blog that parchment paper was a necessity for these cookies and greased butter papers might not just work. But unfortunately, I realised that I had run out of my supply of parchment papers and was left with just a roll of butter paper. Nevertheless, I refused to get disheartened. With the batter ready nothing was going to stop me from baking those lovely cookies!!!!




 
So I got my baking sheet ready, lined with a well greased butter paper and popped my first batch of cookie batter into the oven. After an eight minute long wait, when my timer finally buzzed I rushed off to get my cookies. Everything looked absolutely perfect, but disaster struck when I tried to peel the cookies off the butter paper........ they refused to budge :(
Finally I ended up scrapping it off the paper. So that was that, I had no intention to waste anymore of my precious batter on that lousy butter paper and decided to freeze the remaining batter till I get some parchment paper.



 
So finally, after a week long wait, I finally got some parchment papers yesterday and tried my luck once again...... and no surprises, it worked like a charm and my cookies came off nice and clean.
And yes, one more thing that Ria said turned out to be quite true too..... these cookies are terribly addictive ….....You just can't stop with one ;)

LACY OATMEAL COOKIES
(Adapted from Ria’s Collection)




 Ingredients

Oatmeal - 1 cup
Flour - ¼ cup
Salt - ½ tsp
Baking powder - 1 ½ tsp
Sugar - 1 cup
Butter - ½ cup softened
Eggs - 2

Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp


 

Preparation

Preheat oven to 160 degree C and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Mix together all the dry ingredients.
In the bowl of your stand mixer or with a hand mixer cream together butter and sugar until nice and smooth. To this add the eggs one at a time and vanilla and continue mixing for a couple of mins.

Finally add the dry ingredients and fold in until just combined. The batter is going to be slightly runny.
Pour 1 teaspoon (yes ,you read that right....just 1 tsp) of the batter onto the prepared sheet, slightly more than 2 inches apart and pop the sheet into your oven.
Bake for around 8-10 mins or until edges of the cookies turn a golden brown.



 

You will find that the cookies would have magically spread out into  thin, round discs.

Remove from oven and carefully peel the cookies off the sheet.
You can roll them up as you wish , but remember to work fast as the cookies harden as they cool off.

The cookies have a lovely chewy texture and they tasted fabulous topped with a dollop of whipped cream..... hmmmmm....

8 comments:

  1. wow thats really looking grt..frst time to ur blog ..u have wonderful collections...
    glad to follow u

    http://subhieskitchen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u so much Subhie... Wll visit ur space too :)

      Delete
  2. Looks yummy

    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. bookmarking this misha... nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Easy ,crisp ones Misha..Perfect with a cup of tea:-)

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete