Sunday, November 27, 2011

Fried Potatoes




I don’t think there are many people who can resist a plate of crispy French fries dipped in tomato ketchup, they kind of slip uncontrollably from your hands into your mouth, non stop !!!  Well, I am no exception to that either and almost always end up succumbing to my temptations.  But something that always bothered me was the way French fries are made at the food joints…. You know, they are double fried in oil!! That’s the secret behind their taste.
I was not really bothered for myself, but the only way I could get my little girl to eat some potatoes were as fries and I wanted to give it to her in a healthy, home made way!  Let me tell you how….

FRENCH FRIES

Ingredients

Potatoes – cut into thin fingers
Oil
Salt
Water

Preparation

Boil a saucepan of water and put in the potatoes and continue boiling them till they are just cooked. Do not over cook as the potatoes will loose their shape.
Once done, strain out the water completely
Take a pan of oil and heat it till it’s very hot.
Now put in the boiled potatoes and fry till they are golden brown and crispy. Drain out from the oil using a slotted spoon and put the fries onto some tissue paper.
Season the fries with some salt.
Yummy restaurant style French fries ready!! These don’t get soggy like the usual home made ones J



Enjoy !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment